Amish white bread, how to make Amish white bread, Amish white bread.
Amish white bread
When i check search in google about this recipe i found a lot of people looking for recipe to make this Amish white bread so i decided to give you this recipe, about how to make Old Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Rolls quick and easy to make....
2 Cups warm water about 110-120 degrees
⅔ Cups white sugar
1½ Tablespoons yeast
1½ Teaspoons salt
¼ cup vegetable oil
6 cups flour
Place sugar and water in bowl
Sprinkle with yeast and let dissolve 5-15 minutes
Add salt, oil and half the flour mix together.
Add remaining flour. Change to dough hook and mix till its pulling away from the sides.
Pull out onto lightly floured surface and knead shortly
Place in greased bowl flipping to cover both sides.
Top with saran wrap or damp warm towel
Set aside in draft free area and let rise till doubles in size. About 1 hour
Remove cover and punch down.
Lay out on lightly floured surface and cut in half.
Flaten out into rectangle and “jelly” roll into a loaf.
Pinch ends together and place in greased 9×5 bread pans.
Repeat with other half.
Cover and let rise till double in size about 30-50 minutes.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Once double in size bake for 25-30 minutes.
Pull out and brush top with butter.
Let rest 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
*Bakers notes: I’ve decreased the sugar down to ¼ cup or ⅓ cup instead of using full amount.
I’ve also cut the oil down to 2 Tablespoons and substituted the oil for butter.
5 Fun facts about bread :
1. Sliced bread was only invented in 1928 and was referred to as the best thing since bagged bread.
2. In WWII, rationing laws prohibited the sale of freshly-baked bread because “the tastiness of just-baked bread is likely to encourage people to eat it immoderately”. The bread had to be at least 24 hours old before it was sold.
3. The yeast we use to make bread is an organism floating around in the air we breathe. Anyone can capture it easily.
4. The distinction of “upper crust” comes from the 1600s. When the bread was made in stone ovens the bottoms would become dirty from ash and soot. If you were wealthy you cut the bottom crust off and just ate the “upper crust” part of the bread.
5. Feeding bread to ducks actually causes many health problems for them.